1. A：Where _______they from?
B: They _______from London, England.
A. are; are B. is; am C. are; is
2. What ______your e-mail address ?
A. are B. is C. am
3. A: _______John clean the meeting room ?
B: No, I’m sorry. He _______.
A. Can; can B. Can’t; can C. Can; can’t
4. Where _______I buy phone cards ?
A. can B. does C. am
5. The man looks sad. He _____a headache.
A. is B. has C. have
6. A: ______a gift shop?
B: Yes, madam. It’s on the first floor.
A. Is it B. Is there C. Are there
7. It’s too late. _______nobody at the office.
A. There isn’t B. There are C. There is
8. Sue is my cousin’s daughter. She is _______nephew.
A. my B. her C. his
9. Will he teach _______how to play better?
A. they B. them C. their
10. He _______very hard because he wants to be a sales manager.
A. study B. was studying C. studies
11. A: Would you like to _______now, sir?
B: A glass of orange juice and a beef burger, please.
A. pay B. order C. drink
12. Of the two Australian students, Marin is ________one.
A. tall B. the taller C. the tallest
13. A: What ______you _______for on the Internet?
B: I’m surfing Baidu Website.
A. are; watching B. are; looking C. are; searching
14. Be quite. The baby ______in the bedroom.
A. is sleeping B. sleep C. sleeps
15. No ______ sign means traffic is prevented from entering a one-way road in the wrong direction.
A. entry B. enter C. try
16. Three of study in vocational school.
A. they B. them C. their
17. A: _______ me if you are in need.
A. Forget B. Offer C. Contact
18. Come to Computer Club, we ________ you a different world.
A. will take B. will bring C. bring
19. A: How can I improve my ______ ?
B: You can listen to English songs and watch English movies.
A. reading B. grammar C. pronunciation
20. A: ____ we hand in our exercise paper this afternoon, madam?
B: No, you _______ .
A. Shall; needn’t B. Must; mustn’t C. Must; don’t have to
21.She was his aunt, so he was her __________.
A. son B. grandson C. nephew
22. Breakfast is the first _________ of the day.
A. food B. dinner C. meal
23. There is __ “f” in the word “wife”.
A. an B. a C. The
24. The writer ________ a few lines, but he didn’t understand a word.
A. read B. reads C. red
25.A waiter usually works in a __________.
A. public garden B. shop C. restaurant
26. Is she____ something?
A eat B eating C eatting
27. Lesson Four is __ difficult lesson, but it isn’t __ most difficult one in Book 2.
A. a; the B. an; the C. The; a
28. _____friend's making______ a kite.
A I, me B My, my C My, me
29. He was a friendly waiter. He spoke to the writer _________.
A.as friends B. in a friendly way C. like friends
30. On the last day he made a big decision. It was the _____ day of his holiday.
A. final B. end C. latest
31. He made a big decision. He _________.
A. made up his mind B. thought about it C. changed his mind
32.Is the woman ______ yellow your teacher?
A in B putting on C wearing
33.Look!The twins_____their mother do the housework.
A are wanting B help Care helping
34._____are the birds doing? They are singing in a tree.
A Who B What C How
35. The waiter lent him a book. He _______ a book from the waiter.
A. lent B. borrowed C. took
( )1. drugstore
( )2. teacher
( )8. repeat
( )9. hostess
( )10. menu
A．a female host
B．a large printed notice, pictures etc.
C．a railroad that runs under the ground
D．a store that sells medicines
E．costing a lot of money
F．a person who teaches in a school
G．set of twelve
H. dislike something very much
I. say or write something more than once
J.a list of the dishes served in a restaurant
Different people have different hobbies. For example, Some people like reading, some like swimming and some like collecting things.
In the past, I loved reading books and drawing pictures because by reading books I could learn many new things. Now traveling is my favorite. I enjoy visiting many different places of interest. I can learn a lot about people, places and history. It’s very interesting.
I have many good friends. They all have their hobbies. Mary studies very hard, and her hobby is reading. Tony loves physical work, and his hobby is gardening. He usually plants flowers and trees in his yard. Judy is a quiet girl. She likes knitting. She likes to knit sweaters for her dolls. We all have different bobbies, but we are still good friends.
1. The writer liked in the past.
A. traveling B. knitting C. gardening D. reading
2. According to the writer, traveling is .
A. interesting B. boring C. exciting D. difficult
3. Mary loves .
A. gardening B. knitting
C. reading D. visiting places of interest
4. Tony often plants in his yard.
A. flowers B. trees C. flowers and trees D. fruit
5. Judy likes knitting sweaters for her .
A. friends B. dolls C. parents D. herself
Passage 2 DIY Your Own Desserts
We offer different kinds of classes to you all. A very popular class we are offering these 10 days is the class named “DIY Your Own Desserts”.
Can you imagine how happy your beloved one will be when you give him/her your DIY desserts on the special days like birthday. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day? Come to our class and make your own desserts. Give your beloved one some surprises!
The class runs daily and it is a completely hands-on personal cooking experience lasting up to 4 hours learning 3-4 recipes (食谱) each lesson. The teacher will first show how to cook different recipes in front of you. And then he will guide you on how to prepare and make the food.
At the end of the class you can either eat the meal prepared during the class or take it home with you. What’s more, you’ll be able to take home the copies of all the recipes.
Costs:$30 each lesson. You can start at any time.
Go to our website to get more inion about the class.
You can either e-mail us or come to our office for attending it
1. You can join the class if you like to .
A. offer some recipes B. teach how to cook
C. make desserts yourself D. get some surprises
2. You will in the class.
A. eat the meal with teacher B. celebrate the special days
C. learn 2-3 recipes each lesson D. have a hands-on experience
3. You will pay for five lessons.
A.$30 B. $60 C. $120 D. $150
4. How can you attend the class?
A. Make a phone call to them. B. Send them an e-mail.
C. Get inion from parents. D. Come to the class directly.
Mike worked in an office in a small town. One day his boss said to him, “Mike, I want you to go to Richmond, to an office there, to see Mr Shute. Here’s the address.”
Mike went to Richmond. When he walked out of the station, he thought, “The office isn’t far from the station. I’ll find it easily.” But after an hour he was still looking for it, so he stopped and asked an old woman. She said, “Go straight along this street and turn to the left at the end, and it’s the second building on the right.” Mike went and found it.
A few days later, he went to the same city, but again he did not find the office, so he asked someone the way. It was the same old woman, and she was quite surprised, “Are you still looking for the place?”
1. What did the boss want Mike to do one day?
A. To visit Mr Shute. B. To go to Mike’s office.
C. To buy something. D. To go to Richmond for his holiday.
2. How did Mike go to Richmond?
A. By car. B. By ship C. By train.. D. By plane.
3. After walking out of the station, Mike .
A. asked an old woman where the office was
B. went to the office with an old woman
C. found the office easily
D. lost his way back home
4. Which of the following sentences is right?
A. Richmond was the name of a building.
B. After a few days Mike met the same old woman in the same city.
C. The office wasn’t near to the station.
D. Mike was a boss of an office.
5. From the passage we can see .
A. the woman had a bad memory
B. Mike had never been to Richmond
C. Mike was a forgetful man
D. Mike found the office himself for the second time
1 This seat is mine.
This is .
2 Hainan is not as cold as Beijing in winter.
Beijing is than Hainan in winter.
3 Keep straight on until you see a road sign.
Until you see a road sign.
4 The Swan restaurant is near the bus stop.
The Swan restaurant is not the bus stop.
5 Flying a kite is easy.
Flying a kite is .